I had a lovely afternoon at the craft show on Friday and am now the owner of:
- a laptop bag for my new computer (in grey flannel with red satin dragonfly-pattern lining from Melissa Beth Designs — I did NOT want yet more black cordura),
- a new handbag (picked out for me by the guy who made it, same guy who made my last purse; this new bag is big enough to hold my lunch, my camera, my notebook and the huge-ass daytimer necessitated by unsharable electronic calendars at work),
- a hammock-chair for under our chestnut tree out back,
- a bag of Citrus-Glazed Almonds with Candied Ginger from the Bruce County Fudge Co.,
- some new clothes for M.,
- and a whole pile of sniffy soap.
My birthday’s not until tomorrow, but we had the cake event already (D’s first attempt, and a triumph) so I feel I can deliver my bit of wisdom for this upcoming year:
Spend your tax refund the day after you get it, so you’re not tempted to do something sensible with it.